Tuesday 9 June 2009

The iPhone Exploitation


I love the concept of the iPhone. The adverts draw me; the recommendations from friends are compelling. However, I remain convinced that the phone is currently priced at much higher than what it's worth. I have long passed the phase of running for the latest technology just to be able to say that I was one of the first to have it. I don't believe in being the gadget industry's guinea pig, nor do I wish to spend my hard earned pounds on a product that will drop to a fraction of its current price in the next few years (or months!) when the next big thing comes out. Already, it's being said that the new 32GB iPhone will be priced at around what the 16GB is currently priced; more interestingly, the old 8GB iPhone 3G could be sold for under £70. The truth of this remains to be seen, but what if it does happen this way? I'll be quietly sniggering to myself as I ignore the new release and buy myself a fully functional 8GB iPhone that was the toast of the town only a short while ago!

No comments: