Thursday 14 January 2010

Airbrushed for Success


The recent furore over David Cameron's campaign poster has been entertaining, to say the least. I still recall the first time I saw the now infamous poster of the Conservative Party leader, his eyes piercing into my soul, forcing me to pay attention to his written words: "We can't go on like this. I'll cut the deficit, not the NHS." Of course, I spotted straight away that he had been airbrushed, as did most of Britain. But I didn't think much if it. Some others clearly have a lot more time on their hands. Do check out http://www.mydavidcameron.com/ when you have a moment, and you'll see what I mean.

Now Labour says, "They can airbrush their leader, but they can't airbrush their policies!" Well said! As disenchanted as I am with the Labour party, I remain extremely distrustful of the Conservative party. Sure, David Cameron is a photogenic leader, but what will a Conservative government really mean for Britain? I look forward to the televised leaders' debate. Perhaps then I'll know what Dave and the gang have to offer. After all, we can't go on like this, with suspicious minds... ;)

No comments: