Wednesday 26 January 2011

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Having joined Lovefilm.com again a few months ago, I'm revelling in the experience of watching many movies that I've been wanting to see for a while.  I haven't had much time for the cinema, so I have been able to satiate my love for movies with the excellent service from Lovefilm!

I watched 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" with my wife the other day.  It was a very well executed movie, based in 2nd World War Germany.  The story is told from the perspective of the child of a Nazi officer as he moves from a position of innocence to one of trying to make sense of the changes occurring in his world.  The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a moving tale, but not one filled with unnecessary cinematic unpleasantness.

Check out the movie trailer when you can as it will give you a good idea of whether or not this movie is for you. For me, I highly recommend it for the well developed story, believable rounded characters and undisguised message:  "Whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."

No comments: